Amber Creek Blog
By Rick Rawlins, LCSW (Click HERE for a complete bio)
Recently there has been increased media attention and awareness given to the topic of suicide. Too often the subject of suicide causes people to feel uncomfortable and not want to discuss it. Yet when someone is suffering and considering suicide, talking about it is exactly what is needed.
May I suggest that instead of making a goal-driven "list of despair," that we focus instead on 2...
Family rituals can be categorized by the needs they fulfill. Here are some examples which may seem familiar, and some others which you may want to implement in your own family:
Connection rituals are
- Family meals
- Morning and bedtime routines
- Arrivals and departures at home
- Family outings
- From small trips to the ice cream store to family vacations
- Visits to and from extended family
- Family celebrations (holidays, baptisms, weddings, etc.)